Thursday, October 2, 2008

Things are Coming Together

We're close to ready. Some items that we've gotten done recently:

  • Purchased used glider on Craigslist ($200 for $500 glider, great deal)
  • Looked at rugs for office/baby room
  • Got permission from our landlady to use a spare dresser she has in the garage (Micah's dresser will be the changing table)
  • Found a doula in training who needs one more birth before she can become certified and will interview her soon
  • Took cats to vet for a flea bath and nail trimming (they are so much happier now)
  • Calculated how many days a week I have to go back to work in January (4 at my current salary, possibly 3 if we're really budget-conscious, I get a raise or we find low-cost daycare)
  • Ordered diaper service
  • Got references for about 15 home-based daycare centers in Berkeley near my work
  • Researched breast pumps and decided on one
  • Signed up for baby CPR and first aid classes
It's been a lot of work. Especially while working full-time, ok more than full-time, and not getting enough sleep at night. (Stress, aches and pains and a highly compressed bladder will do that to you.) Surprisingly, I'm not too overwhelmed. I think it helps that I'm still listening to the relaxation CD that came with our hypnosis class, and it works wonders. When Micah gets the chance to read a script to me, that is also very nice.

Saturday we have a little pre-baby birthday party brunch that my backyard neighbors are organizing. Super sweet!

No comments: